Category Archives: Zuger
On July 14, Green Team 2016 filed designating petitions for 8 Green Party candidates running in NYC. Their petitions received no objections or challenges, so all will be on the Election Day ballot. Along with the two candidates for Congress who we filed back in April, plus two other candidates whom we’re supporting, we will have 12 candidates running in NYC, Nassau and Westchester Counties.
Here is the Green Team 2016 candidate roster:
- U.S. Congress
- Frank Francois, CD5 – Queens / Nassau County
- Henry Bardel, CD 11 – Staten Island / Brooklyn
- Daniel Vila, CD13 – Manhattan / Bronx
- NY State Senate
- Laurence Hirsh, SD9 – Nassau County
- Julia Willebrand, SD31 – Manhattan
- Carl Lundgren, SD34 – Bronx / Westchester County
- NY State Assembly
- Jeffery Peress, AD13 – Nassau County
- Patrick Dwyer, AD46 – Brooklyn
- Manny Cavaco, AD65 – Manhattan
- Donal Butterfield, AD73 – Manhattan
- Scott Hutchins, AD74 – Manhattan
- Daniel Zuger, AD85 – Bronx
For more information on each of the candidates, visit their pages on this site.
VOTE GREEN IN ’16
Green Team 2014 candidates for NY State Assembly and Senate filed their petitions with the Board of Elections last week. Now that a week has passed without any notices of deficiencies or challenges to our petitions, we can confidently say that we’ll be on the Green Party ballot line in November.
The following candidates filed:
- Paul Gilman – State Senate, District 11 Queens
- Carl Lundgren – State Senate, District 34 Bronx/Westchester
- Jeff Peress – State Assembly, District 13 Nassau
- Trevor Archer- State Assembly, District 83 Bronx
- Daniel Zuger- State Assembly, District 85 Bronx
This is in addition to our Congressional candidates Hank Bardel (CD11, Staten Island/Brooklyn) and Daniel Vila (CD13, Manhattan/Bronx) who filed petitions earlier this year, and Attorney General candidate Ramon Jimenez who was nominated at the Green Party of New York State convention held in Troy in May along with the rest of the statewide slate of candidates, Howie Hawkins for Governor, Brian Jones for Lt. Governor and Theresa Portelli for Comptroller.
Hey @NYGovCuomo ! Raise the minimum wage to #15 an hour. Convene the minimum wage board now. #15now #15forNY
Take Action to Raise the State Minimum Wage!! http://www.howiehawkins.org/
Call Governor Cuomo Today and take his Twitter by storm! Tell him to stop the lies and end the delay on the minimum wage.
Call 518 474-8390. Leave this recorded message: “Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. Convene the minimum wage board now.”
Then get on Twitter and retweet Howie’s tweet:
“Hey @NYGovCuomo <https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo> ! Raise the minimum wage to #15 an hour. Convene the minimum wage board now. #15now <https://twitter.com/hashtag/15now?src=hash> #15forNY <https://twitter.com/hashtag/15forNY?src=hash> “