On July 14, Green Team 2016 filed designating petitions for 8 Green Party candidates running in NYC. Their petitions received no objections or challenges, so all will be on the Election Day ballot. Along with the two candidates for Congress who we filed back in April, plus two other candidates whom we’re supporting, we will have 12 candidates running in NYC, Nassau and Westchester Counties.
Here is the Green Team 2016 candidate roster:
- U.S. Congress
- Frank Francois, CD5 – Queens / Nassau County
- Henry Bardel, CD 11 – Staten Island / Brooklyn
- Daniel Vila, CD13 – Manhattan / Bronx
- NY State Senate
- Laurence Hirsh, SD9 – Nassau County
- Julia Willebrand, SD31 – Manhattan
- Carl Lundgren, SD34 – Bronx / Westchester County
- NY State Assembly
- Jeffery Peress, AD13 – Nassau County
- Patrick Dwyer, AD46 – Brooklyn
- Manny Cavaco, AD65 – Manhattan
- Donal Butterfield, AD73 – Manhattan
- Scott Hutchins, AD74 – Manhattan
- Daniel Zuger, AD85 – Bronx
For more information on each of the candidates, visit their pages on this site.
VOTE GREEN IN ’16
Green Team 2016 (Green Team Committee) filed forms with the NY State Board of Elections today notifying them of the candidates we’ll be supporting this year. The next step will be to gather petition signatures in order to be placed on the ballot. Petitioning is set to begin on Tuesday, June 7th and filed from July 11—14.
The 2016 Green Team candidates are:
- Julia Willebrand, NY State Senate District 31 (Manhattan)
- Carl Lundgren, NY State Senate District 34 (Bronx/Westchester)
- Ann Eagan, NY State Assembly District 69 (Manhattan)
- Don Butterfield, NY State Assembly District 73 (Manhattan)
Green Team 2016 will also be assisting with the campaigns of Hank Bardel, US House District 11 (Staten Island/ Brooklyn), and Daniel Vila Rivera, US House District 13 (Manhattan/ Bronx). The petitioning period for Federal candidates begins on Tuesday, March 8th, and filed from April 11—14.