On July 14, Green Team 2016 filed designating petitions for 8 Green Party candidates running in NYC. Their petitions received no objections or challenges, so all will be on the Election Day ballot. Along with the two candidates for Congress who we filed back in April, plus two other candidates whom we’re supporting, we will have 12 candidates running in NYC, Nassau and Westchester Counties.
Here is the Green Team 2016 candidate roster:
- U.S. Congress
- Frank Francois, CD5 – Queens / Nassau County
- Henry Bardel, CD 11 – Staten Island / Brooklyn
- Daniel Vila, CD13 – Manhattan / Bronx
- NY State Senate
- Laurence Hirsh, SD9 – Nassau County
- Julia Willebrand, SD31 – Manhattan
- Carl Lundgren, SD34 – Bronx / Westchester County
- NY State Assembly
- Jeffery Peress, AD13 – Nassau County
- Patrick Dwyer, AD46 – Brooklyn
- Manny Cavaco, AD65 – Manhattan
- Donal Butterfield, AD73 – Manhattan
- Scott Hutchins, AD74 – Manhattan
- Daniel Zuger, AD85 – Bronx
For more information on each of the candidates, visit their pages on this site.
VOTE GREEN IN ’16
The Green Team Committee filed designating petitions for Congressional candidates Daniel Vila Rivera (CD13, Manhattan / Bronx) and Henry J. Bardel (CD11, Staten Island / Brooklyn) this past Thursday, April 14th, with the Board of Elections in NYC. We set up shop at the Stir Cafe next door to the BOE to collect, clean and bind the petition volumes and then submitted them to the BOE.
The cafe has a large dining room in the rear that is not utilized very often in the evenings, so it’s a great place to use as a central location to meet with the candidates and petitioning volunteers. As long as we make a purchase, the staff has no problem with us.
If all goes well with the petitions (so far, so good), Danny and Hank will appear on the November ballot.
In addition to Danny and Hank, petitions were filed in Albany for Green candidates Matt Funicello (CD21, Adirondack Region) and Frank Francois (CD5, Queens / Nassau).
Next up is the petitioning period for State Senate and State Assembly, beginning on June 7th.